Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Transformer Design Software

Posted by: aviKhandagale on

Do you have any idea about a software, if we provide input and output requirement then it will give the design parameters of transformer.

Comments

Submitted by PI-Sarek on 04/18/2011

Hi,

Power Integrations provides a free design software called PI-Expert. This software can be downloaded from our web site using the link below:

http://www.powerint.com/en/design-support/pi-expert-design-software

PIExpert provides transformer/ inductor design for circuits designed using Power Integrations - integrated power supply controller ICs. PIExpert also provides specific information regarding choice of other components in the circuit including recommendation for components used in the circuit.

Regards

PI-Sarek

Submitted by SHEKHAR007 on 06/08/2016

hello, 

i am desining transformer with refrence of PI but i could not get the perfect output. like my smps output 15v 

but instead of 15 v i got the 20v in each secondry windings. pls. tell what's th e fault.

pls find the attachment files transformer and smps design   .

Attachment Size
Transformer file 1.63 MB
smps SCH 4.47 MB
Submitted by PI-Traveler on 06/28/2016

Hi SHEKHAR007,

Thank you for choosing Power Integrations.

When you are getting 20V instead of 15V at the output, do you mean this to be at no load? If so, you might need to connect a pre-load at the output. You can start by connecting a resistor which will give you at least 1% of your full load. You can adjust this higher or lower depending on how much power loss is acceptable at no load and the maximum output voltage allowed at no load.

The pre-load resistor is needed to make sure that there is enough impedance at the output to discharge the output capacitors. This is to prevent them from charging a voltage above your allowable limit.

hello sir,Thanks for your feedback.but it dosen't work output will be constant 20VDC.pls tell me if is there any changes.

Submitted by PI-Traveler on 07/13/2016

Please correct me if I am wrong. The 20V output that you are getting are from the slave outputs correct?

It seems to me that the cause is the coupling of the secondary windings. If you are getting 20V for the slave outputs it means that there is approximately 3V/turn on your secondary slave winding. Could you try to reduce the turns of the secondary slave windings to 4 turns and maintain the number of turns for the other windings.

Submitted by Phune on 06/19/2018

See a very good reference free ebook at tekemon.com. They've got it all covered. A paid design tool is also available.

Submitted by skandarama on 10/15/2018

I need transformer design spread sheet for TOP switch.

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 10/22/2018

Hi Skandarama,
You may use the link below to have design spreadsheet for TOP Switch.
https://piexpertonline.power.com/
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 10/22/2018

Hi Skandarama,
You may use the link below to have design spreadsheet for TOP Switch.
https://piexpertonline.power.com/
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by PI-Lupin the Third on 08/23/2021

Hi mastertek73,

Thank you for reaching out to us through this page. We are willing to help you in your concern but can you please create a new thread for your concern? If you think that this thread is related, then you may simply copy the link instead. We will wait for your post.

Regards,

PI-Lupin the Third

Submitted by PI-Lupin the Third on 01/11/2023

Hi Chandan kumar,

We'll be happy to help you with your concern. But before that, can you please create a new ticket for your inquiry? I'll wait for it. And if you think this thread is related to your inquiry, you may simply copy its link and put it in your new ticket.

Thanks and Regards,

PI-Lupin